Innoviti powers HDFC Bank DC EMI at Apollo Hospitals
22 September 2021
Helps expand consumers affordability to undergo both essential & non-essential medical procedures
- Innoviti Payment Solutions, India’s largest provider of payment solutions to offline enterprise merchants today announced that it will facilitate zero-cost debit card EMI transactions on HDFC Bank Debit Cards at Apollo Hospital, Chennai (Greams Road) and then subsequently extend it to all Apollo units across the country. This is aimed to provide convenient and affordable repayment options to both essential & non-essential medical procedures using their HDFC Bank debit cards.
- This introduction is timed as the country emerged from lockdowns to encourage the people avail medical procedures including dental, cosmetic treatments, etc. at Apollo Hospital, helping these patients tide over their cash flow issues arising from tough economic conditions caused by the pandemic.
- Availing EMIs on Innoviti’s POS has been kept simple to enable rapid take off. A dip of an HDFC Bank debit card in Innoviti’s POS will instantly trigger a credit eligibility check. If eligible, the customer just needs to enter their PIN and access the credit in a seamless manner. Consumers benefit by responsibly availing these treatments that they need, and get a choice to pay later, easing up their cash flow. The hospital gets their payment immediately, thereby reducing their risk and cost of collection.
- Innoviti uses payment technology in unconventional ways to turn payment transactions into customer acquisition and retention tools for merchants, bank, and brands. Innoviti’s products bring these parties on to a common platform and helps them deliver unique customer experiences, such as this one. Each business gets access to 3X loyal consumers at 1/3rd the cost, accelerating sales with unmatched efficiencies.
- Innoviti had raised a Series C in 2020 to further its differentiated strategy of servicing the retail market through category and segment specific products.
“In today’s challenging economic environment, consumers are looking to conserve cash and are seeking affordable credit to pay for their necessities,” said Mr. Hemant Taware, CBO, Merchant Ecosystem Development at Innoviti. “With the rollout of no-cost debit card EMIs on HDFC Bank debit cards at Apollo Hospital, we are building on our legacy of using Innoviti’s superior payments technology to enable flexible ways for consumers to pay at their convenience in this hard hit covid – time” he added.
About Innoviti Payment Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, India.
Innoviti Payment Solutions Pvt. Ltd. is India’s largest provider of payment solutions to Enterprise merchants with a 76% market share of all payments happening in this segment. It has been a pioneer in using technology to help businesses extract better value from retail transactions than anyone else. The company processes over 10B$ of merchant payments from over 1000+ cities with a volume throughput per installation that is 2X of the country’s average. Bessemer Venture Partners, USA, FMO, Netherlands and Catamaran Ventures, India are investors in the company. The company has several patents filed for with two awarded. Innoviti is the winner of Mastercard’s Innovation Wizards Award, Reliance’s Most Promising Growth Consumer Finance Award and Deloitte Fastest Growing Companies in Asia award in 2020. Innoviti is the only Indian payments SaaS company to be awarded the coveted SOC3 seal of excellence for adherence to principles of trust in privacy, security, confidentiality, availability, and processing of transactions.