Designation : Android Developer
Location : Bangalore
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices.
- Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
- You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code, Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Skills and Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, with 5 + Years of experience in android application development using java,kotlin.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Experience in design patterns, android architecture components like MVVM, MVC, jetpack libs and the gradle build system.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with offline storage (sqlite/roomdb), threading, and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Familiarity with FCM push notifications and FCM analytics.
The ideal person for this role would be someone who loves the challenge of an entrepreneurial environment, who has high ownership to be available 24×7 for our customers, who is able to deal with complexity and rapid change and who has large dreams to be part of interesting journey.
The person would be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and impeccable integrity. He/she would have a track record of delivering results consistently in uncertain environments. Excellent communication skills with an ability to manage crucial conversations with senior stakeholders.
Retail industry demands “I’ll do it now instead of tomorrow” attitude. Please be prepared for interesting journey if you want to grow fast with no age barriers.