Designation: Database Administrator
- Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualification:
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline from Tier-1 Institutes
- 4-6 years of proven experience in Database Administration
- Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
The ideal person for this role would be someone who loves the challenge of an entrepreneurial environment, who has high ownership to be available 24×7 for our customers, who is able to deal with complexity and rapid change and who has large dreams to be part of interesting journey.
The person would be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and impeccable integrity. He/she would have a track record of delivering results consistently in uncertain environments. Excellent communication skills with an ability to manage crucial conversations with senior stakeholders.
Retail industry demands “I’ll do it now instead of tomorrow” attitude. Please be prepared for interesting journey if you want to grow fast with no age barriers.